Both the level 2 Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace and the L3 Mental Health First Aid are accredited by Qualsafe. Workbooks are provided for both courses and on passing the assessment, a certificate will be issued by Qualsafe. On completion of the half-day awareness course, you will receive a certificate of attendance from TLCT.
Why TLCT for your mental health training?
- Fully qualified and experienced tutors
- A professional and empathetic approach to all aspects of the training process
- Proven employer and employee satisfaction
Our courses provide employees with the tools to…
- Spot the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues within the workplace
- To have the confidence to start the conversation and be able to provide non-judgemental support
- Be able to guide someone experiencing a mental health issue to a professional
Mental Health first aid training is not a legal requirement however, the Health and Safety Executive states:
Whether work is causing the health issue or aggravating it, employers have a legal responsibility to help their employees. Work-related mental health issues must be assessed to measure the levels of risk to staff. Where a risk is identified, steps must be taken to remove it or reduce it as far as reasonably practicable. HSE
It is an employer’s duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees and other people who might be affected by their business. Employers must do whatever is reasonably practicable to achieve this.
Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) 1974
This Act places a legal duty on employers to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety, and welfare of employees, and to ensure that employees and others are kept safe.