This accredited Level 3 qualification will give help, advice and information on a wide range of topics relating to Mental Health First Aid.
This qualification will enable candidates to develop an understanding and awareness of Mental Health in the workplace and which steps to take to give employees the best possible chance of support and advice.
Over a two day period, we will cover a wide range of topics that will give you the confidence to be able to talk openly about mental health, listen effectively and implement Mental Health first aid strategies within the workplace.
Topics discussed will include the more common Mental Health issues such as PTSD, suicide, OCD, Bipolar, self-harm, phobias, self-medication (drug and alcohol misuse), anxiety and depression.
We will also look at the relevant legislation, guidelines and best practice in relation to the employee and employers’ duty of care in the workplace.
Although this level 3 qualification is aimed at Line Managers and HR staff, any member of staff should be able to attend this session. The session is delivered over a two day period and includes discussion, activities and multiple-choice exams as an assessment of learning. The qualification is certified for three years.
- What is Mental Health?
- Turning Abstract into Concrete
- The Fluidity of Mental Health
- The Action Plan
- Stress and Managing it
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Mental Illness
- Anxiety Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Role of the Mental Health First Aider
- Good Mental Health Practice
- Practice Skills Learned
- Identify signs and symptoms of common mental health issues
- Develop listening skills to respond to and support others
- Explore legislation surrounding mental health within the workplace
- Develop your own workplace plan and recovery plan
- Explain the role of the mental health first aider
- Identify methods for self-care
- Demonstrate skills learned
£260 per candidate