O Licence Awareness Training for Drivers & Supervisors (OLAT) – Driver CPC Training Course
This seven-hour Driver CPC course is designed to give both drivers and traffic office supervisors a basic awareness of the Operator Licence and how non-compliance can affect the operators good standing.
The aim of the session is to give a greater understanding of the importance of maintaining a good OCRS score and the role the driver and traffic office staff can play and the contributions they can make to ensure total compliance with O licensing regulations.
The topics covered within this session are:
- EU Drivers Hours and WTD
- An overview of the OCRS (Operator Compliance Risk Rating Score)
- Understanding Driver CPC and the benefits of sector-specific training
- Construction & Use Regulations and the importance of defect checking
- The Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness and record-keeping
- The DfT Approved Code of Practice for Safe Loading
- Transport Health & Safety and HSG 136
- The Law and Bridge Strikes
- LOLER & PUWER and the driver’s responsibilities